My first project of 2021 are these awesome little dog treat labels for a brand out of my home state of Utah. Dirty Dirty Dog Treats prides itself on being entirely Grain-Free with the catch phrase “We’ve never seen a wolf attack a wheat field.” Look for these on the shelves of gas stations in Central Utah soon!
The goals of the front labels were
- Attractive to the target audience
- Easily edited/amended to account for changes in treat type/flavor and/or net weight/contents
- Compliant with federal labeling regulation for pet treats (Code of Federal Regulation Title 21CFR)
- Minimal in terms of copy (writing on label) (logo, tag line, net weight, product type)
The goals on the back labels are
- Easy to read guaranteed analysis table
- Calorie content under the guaranteed analysis table.
- List of ingredients easily distinguishable and set apart from other copy.
- I feel the idea is simple let’s format like other major commercial brands. I don’t want consumers to think we are trying to hide something.