The Salina Fire Department holds a charity Texas hold ’em tournament every year, sometimes even a few of them. They want a logo to symbolize the tournament and keep it in active memory even when there isn’t any upcoming event.
We were tossing around some ideas for a few weeks and came up with some ideas. Suddenly the client must have gotten busy or something and it’s gone stale. So I figure it’s time to post this logo.
This was kind of interesting. Some illustration editing for my client in Florida, the problem was that the illustrations that the contractor uses to show houses had shingle roofs, and he only provides metal roofs now. At first I thought that I could probably just find a metal roof texture from a stock image site but, that didn’t turn out to be the case, so I made up a vector pattern for them, and then masked them onto the roofs. The edges didn’t look very good and you couldn’t tell the separate sections. So then I made up some little ridges for them.
I don’t even pretend to be good at event especially wedding or engagement photography but, I get contacted for events a couple times a year. When my friend Kyle inquired I quickly accepted. These were in a winter afternoon so the light was fairly harsh and the grass was hideous. Kyle has a thing with old buildings and monuments so we met at Monroe City Lion’s Park.
This odd little map thing here is an attempt to show a property boundary that was (or maybe even currently) for sale and the local landmarks. It’s a combination of a google image, a better sky image, and some illustrator work.
The Richfield City Swimming Pool got an interesting little costume thing that basically turns you into a mermaid. The manager thought that it might be cool to have mermaid class sort of things to add to the assortment of other new additions for swimming fun. She contracted me for some photography of the outfit and how it works. Which is actually kinda fun and interesting. The fin is like having a large flipper on and the model made swimming across the pool look quite flawless, though getting in and out can prove difficult.
These Vino Cocoa product labels were SO MUCH FUN! I didn’t design the label front itself (later I found out that he’d gotten them from 99designs) but, he needed some layout and design help. At first, he was printing them at home and wrapping them over the top for samples and to market them a bit to gain some traction. The labels couldn’t wrap correctly and needed laid out again. However, he also had a printer ready and had gained some early vendors.
The whole back panel ended up needing redone as they were poorly embeded .tif files that eventually corrupted and couldn’t be edited. We also ran into issues because there wasn’t really a template/measurements or anything but, we got creative, printed some out, measuring tape and such and got them looking great. Last I heard he had gained more vendors and the chocolate bars have been a decent success.
This product is some sort of automatic grill scrubbing bot, they needed some product mockups and advertisements. So I photoshopped the boxes into a couple displays, the advertisements I actually didn’t design, there was just always last minute errors that needed fixed. Hire a dedicated designers first people! 😉
The problem with this group of golf course photos was that they were taken in fall, and the grass was in poor condition. With going to get new photos out of the question I was asked to try and repair the grass. Some of these proved very difficult while others weren’t very bad. Without much good grass to go off of some of the spots did end up a little bit streaky but, they were accepted and I helped my client get his photos approved.
Watchygo wanted some photoshop mockups to show their watches in multiple places, I got some stock photos from Fotolia and mocked up the watches in photoshop in the mountains, the city and with some puppies.